Giffy-chan bought some fabric, but it turned out to be not quite enough. I went to try and pick up some more, but Spotlight had sold out of the exact fabric, so I had to buy some different fabric from Evans. Only ended up using the original fabric for the hood lining. Honestly - who sells out of basic white cotton interlock? Spotlight are so useless. -__-;
I used a combination of patterns - we went with separate leggings, romper, and hood. I used Butterick 5896 for the romper - a good, reliable, pattern I've had good luck with before. No problems there, just as expected. I used Simplicity 4434 for the leggings. No issues at all, very easy pattern. For the hood, I used a pattern I've had great success with before, Simplicity 7317. Except, this time, it let me down. Previously, I'd only used it to make toddler sized clothing. This time, I used the smallest size, 1/2, and ended up with a hood that very nearly fit Jarratt. I have a similar photo of him from the time I used it to make an outfit at 2 year old size, and the hood fit him just the same! I suspect a printing error. Clearly, WAY too big for itsy young Sweets. *sigh*
At any rate, Sweets didn't let me down - the outfit looks adorable, despite the size issues. Babies are reliable like that!